As concerns rise about robots and artificial intelligence (AI) taking over the workforce, the worlds first humanoid robot has been given the corner office as one companys new CEO.
Mika is the brainchild of a collaboration between Hanson Robotics and Polish rum company Dictador. This CEO robot isn't just a technological marvel; she has been programmed to embody the distinctive spirit and core values of Dictador.
"I don't really have weekends I'm always on 24/7, ready to make executive decisions and stir up some AI magic," the robot told Reuters in a "video interview" at the time.
This intriguing development is not the first from Hanson Robotics. In 2016, the company unveiled Mika's sister, Sophia.
In a video released by Dictador, Mika proudly proclaimed, "With advanced artificial intelligence and machine learning algorithms, I can swiftly and accurately make data-driven decisions."
Of course, Mika isnt the only robot that has entered the workforce. Robotics are continuously being integrated into various industries, with prominent use in manufacturing, automotive, logistics, and more recently healthcare, retail and hospitality.
Security robots are also growing in popularity thanks to their ability to deter crime and perform dangerous tasks. Projections suggest that the global security robot market is set to soar to an estimated $31.08 billion by 2030, boasting an impressive compound annual growth rate of 12.8%.
At the forefront of this transformative movement stands Knightscope, Inc. (NASDAQ:KSCP). This cutting-edge security technology company, headquartered in Silicon Valley, exemplifies the convergence of autonomy, robotics, AI, and electric vehicle (EV) technology.
Leading the Advancement of Autonomous Security Robots
Knightscopes fully autonomous security robots (ASRs) are designed to deter, detect, and report security threats. Its innovative technology has demonstrated its effectiveness in fighting crime and improving the situational awareness of security and public safety professionals.
Over the past few months, Knightscope has secured several significant deals including a $1.25 million contract for 145 devices with Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey and launched a pilot test of its K5 security robots in Manhattan's subway stations with the New York Police Department (NYPD) and the Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA).
On November 7, Knightscope announced two new contracts for its K5 ASR, expanding its reach in the commercial real estate and casino sectors. These agreements build upon a master contract revealed in September, enabling Knightscope's technology to expand to 43 properties nationwide.
Knightscopes performance is demonstrated by existing clients expanding their use of products and services, resulting in shorter sales cycles and increased efficiency. The gaming client now has 7 robots under contract, deployed in locations including Las Vegas, Nevada; Council Bluffs, Iowa; Aurora, Illinois; Shreveport, LA; Bossier City, LA; and New Orleans, LA.
Knightscope has also successfully closed a deal with a prominent American commercial real estate services and investment firm, which has been a national account target since 2017. This client manages a property occupied by one of the world's largest multinational telecommunications companies. Notably, this achievement represents a significant "double win" for Knightscope and paves the way for future expansions in the United States.
Earlier in November, Knightscope secured expansion contracts with a California community college and a local commercial real estate developer.
The 420-acre community college, which has recently invested over $1.5 billion in facility upgrades, selected Knightscope to replace their outdated emergency phone system with K1 Blue Light Towers. To date, 26 Towers have been installed, with 6 more added in this latest order.
In Southern California, a commercial real estate developer near UC San Diego has extended their services with a full-service maintenance contract for 8 K1 Blue Light Towers. This decision was influenced by Knightscope's responsiveness during the warranty period.
For those interested in delving deeper into Knightscope's innovations and ongoing projects, additional information can be found by exploring the 'Rise of the Robots' section on the official website of Knightscope, Inc. (NASDAQ:KSCP).
1) The author of the Article, or members of the authors immediate household or family, do not own any securities of the companies set forth in this Article. The author determined which companies would be included in this article based on research and understanding of the sector.
2) The Article was issued on behalf of and sponsored by, Knightscope, Inc. Market Jar Media Inc. has or expects to receive from Knightscope, Inc.s Digital Marketing Agency of Record (Native Ads Inc.) two hundred and sixty-six thousand USD for 89 days (63 business days).
3) Statements and opinions expressed are the opinions of the author and not Market Jar Media Inc., its directors or officers. The author is wholly responsible for the validity of the statements. The author was not paid by Market Jar Media Inc. for this Article. Market Jar Media Inc. was not paid by the author to publish or syndicate this Article. Market Jar has not independently verified or otherwise investigated all such information. None of Market Jar or any of their respective affiliates, guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any such information. The information provided above is for informational purposes only and is not a recommendation to buy or sell any security. Market Jar Media Inc. requires contributing authors to disclose any shareholdings in, or economic relationships with, companies that they write about. Market Jar Media Inc. relies upon the authors to accurately provide this information and Market Jar Media Inc. has no means of verifying its accuracy.
5) Market Jar Media Inc. and its respective directors, officers and employees hold no shares for any company mentioned in the Article.
6) This document contains forward-looking information and forward-looking statements, within the meaning of applicable Canadian securities legislation, (collectively, forward-looking statements), which reflect management's expectations regarding Knightscope, Inc.s future growth, future business plans and opportunities, expected activities, and other statements about future events, results or performance. Wherever possible, words such as predicts, projects, targets, plans, expects, does not expect, budget, scheduled, estimates, forecasts, anticipate or does not anticipate, believe, intend and similar expressions or statements that certain actions, events or results may, could, would, might or will be taken, occur or be achieved, or the negative or grammatical variation thereof or other variations thereof, or comparable terminology have been used to identify forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements include, among other things, statements relating to: (a) revenue generating potential with respect to Knightscope, Inc.s industry; (b) market opportunity; (c) Knightscope, Inc.s business plans and strategies; (d) services that Knightscope, Inc. intends to offer; (e) Knightscope, Inc.s milestone projections and targets; (f) Knightscope, Inc.s expectations regarding receipt of approval for regulatory applications; (g) Knightscope, Inc.s intentions to expand into other jurisdictions including the timeline expectations relating to those expansion plans; and (h) Knightscope, Inc.s expectations with regarding its ability to deliver shareholder value. Forward-looking statements are not a guarantee of future performance and are based upon a number of estimates and assumptions of management in light of managements experience and perception of trends, current conditions and expected developments, as well as other factors that management believes to be relevant and reasonable in the circumstances, as of the date of this document including, without limitation, assumptions about: (a) the ability to raise any necessary additional capital on reasonable terms to execute Knightscope, Inc.s business plan; (b) that general business and economic conditions will not change in a material adverse manner; (c) Knightscope, Inc.s ability to procure equipment and operating supplies in sufficient quantities and on a timely basis; (d) Knightscope, Inc.s ability to enter into contractual arrangements with additional Pharmacies; (e) the accuracy of budgeted costs and expenditures; (f) Knightscope, Inc.s ability to attract and retain skilled personnel; (g) political and regulatory stability; (h) the receipt of governmental, regulatory and third-party approvals, licenses and permits on favorable terms; (i) changes in applicable legislation; (j) stability in financial and capital markets; and (k) expectations regarding the level of disruption to as a result of CV-19. Such forward-looking information involves a variety of known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors which may cause the actual plans, intentions, activities, results, performance or achievements of Knightscope, Inc. to be materially different from any future plans, intentions, activities, results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Such risks include, without limitation: (a) Knightscope, Inc.s operations could be adversely affected by possible future government legislation, policies and controls or by changes in applicable laws and regulations; (b) public health crises such as CV-19 may adversely impact Knightscope, Inc.s business; (c) the volatility of global capital markets; (d) political instability and changes to the regulations governing Knightscope, Inc.s business operations (e) Knightscope, Inc. may be unable to implement its growth strategy; and (f) increased competition.Except as required by law, Knightscope, Inc. undertakes no obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future event or otherwise, after the date on which the statements are made or to reflect the occurrence of unanticipated events. Neither does Knightscope, Inc. nor any of its representatives make any representation or warranty, express or implied, as to the accuracy, sufficiency or completeness of the information in this document. Neither Knightscope, Inc. nor any of its representatives shall have any liability whatsoever, under contract, tort, trust or otherwise, to you or any person resulting from the use of the information in this document by you or any of your representatives or for omissions from the information in this document.
7) Any graphs, tables or other information demonstrating the historical performance or current or historical attributes of Knightscope, Inc. or any other entity contained in this document are intended only to illustrate historical performance or current or historical attributes of Knightscope, Inc. or such entities and are not necessarily indicative of future performance of Knightscope, Inc. or such entities.
8) Investing is risky. The information provided in this article should not be considered as a substitute for professional financial consultation. Users should be aware that investing in any form carries inherent risks, and as such, there is a possibility of losing some or all of their investment. The value of investments can fluctuate significantly within a short period, and investors must understand that past performance is not indicative of future results. Additionally, users should exercise caution as transactions involving investments may be irreversible, even in cases of fraud or accidental actions. It is crucial to acknowledge that rapidly evolving laws and technical issues can have adverse effects on the usability, transferability, exchangeability, and value of investments. Furthermore, users must be cognizant of potential security risks associated with their investment activities. Individuals are strongly encouraged to conduct thorough research, seek professional advice, and carefully evaluate their risk tolerance before engaging in any investment endeavors. Market Jar Media Inc. is neither an investment adviser nor a broker-dealer. The information presented on the website is provided for informative purposes only and is not to be treated as a recommendation to make any specific investment. No such information on PressReach.com constitutes advice or a recommendation.
View source version on newsdirect.com: https://newsdirect.com/news/worlds-first-ai-powered-humanoid-robot-ceo-enters-the-boardroom-305662827
Disclaimer: The views, suggestions, and opinions expressed here are the sole responsibility of the experts. No Article Gaze journalist was involved in the writing and production of this article.